Like a lot of others, I am facing my last library school class . . .and won't be attending due to a scheduling conflict here at home. Talk about going out with a wimper instead of a bang! So I will not get to say goodbye to the wonderful ladies in and teaching the class. It's been a pleasure getting to know all of you, and I am sure that the small world that is librarianship will keep us all linked somehow.
I was surprised walking in to class how few of you I knew, and now I am only sad I didn't meet all of you sooner.
Thanks to all of you for being patient with the non-teacher in the room; I didn't always have a lot to add to discussions, but want each of you to know that I really took in a lot of what you said. Best of luck to some of you in your new jobs, and happy hunting to the rest of us!!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ann, thanks for posting. We missed you tonight. You can tell you really bonded with your classmates as people were worried about you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing the coursework within the Dominican program. Good luck as you make the leap into the school library world. You'll do great.
Ann, it's good for the experienced teachers in any class to have someone around who is not steeped in "eduspeak." It makes us think a bit more about what we say! Plus, when asked a question, we find out if we really understand why we do what we do! It's not a bad thing to justify ourselves once in a while. Feel free to contact me if there's anything I can do to help.
ReplyDeleteYour IDU looks interesting! The SLJ this month mentioned the Catcher in the Rye in an article about Fan Fiction. It's an interesting debate!