Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 3

August 25
I may not be the librarian but I imitate pretty well!

Day 2 is always easier than Day 1. Institute day doesn't count! I knew where to park and how to find the faculty lunchroom, and all the faculty bathrooms. We sorted all 4 of the book carts by genre, and in one case, high interest/low level books, and between the four of us adding books we forgot, we turned it into 5 carts! Then Linda and I looked for online reviews and trailers to show students to cover the books we haven't read. The best part of the day was that students kept coming in to get books and to see Linda, so I got to meet and talk books with real, live students. Students needed help with computers and with the system, and since I had a badge, I was a teacher in their eyes. I even got to check out a few books all by myself AND managed not to set off the alarms, so I think it was a successful day.

I need to get a pedometer. I walk a lot every day, and want to know how much!

No comments:

Post a Comment