LIS 728 Maine West Student Teaching Journal
Ann Gass
August 21, 2009-
Day 1 was Friday, August 21, for the Institute Day. It was a great experience to meet so many of the teachers, especially those I may not get a chance to work with while I am here. I participated in the all staff assembly about Warrior Pride, and the trust and team building exercises.During the classroom time, Linda gave me a tour of the library. We went to visit the library at Maine South, since I had done some observation already at Maine East in March. Linda began to process LRC requests from teachers, either requesting LRC time, librarian collaboration, or both. I asked if I could take over the process, and Linda allowed me to. I was able to get a feel for what teachers rely on the collaboration, and which teachers just want to use the library's resources. Some teachers were already requesting time in April and May!
I received some training in Destiny to do checkout.
Coming Up: Activity Fair on Monday and about a gazillion book talks on Thursday and Friday.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment