I really got into Chapter 10, The Role of Libraries in Learning Communities. To me, it seems like this role varies so much, and is almost at a crossroads in education right now. The old stand in the background role is slowly changing to one of an active participant in learning. I believe in the learning community as a whole picture approach to education--and I think this dovetails nicely with the curriculum mapping we've discussed. Pages 192-193 lay out exactly how a good media specialist integrates him/herself into the learning community and supports the learning standards.
Much of this reminded me of a book I read during an observation (don't ask) http://www.bigpicture.org/. First and foremost, a learning community must be learner centered to succeed.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks like an interesting web site, thanks for posting that! Sounds like you experienced a fascinating observation. (-:
ReplyDelete