Oct 19
Finished what I could of the book covering project, since we ran out of book covers. Went through SLJ to make a list of new books for Linda to order, and included some of my own, both youth and YA. Oct 20Linda taught a study skills course to 6th grade on how to use NoodleBib, their bibliography composer. She went over the very basics of what students should look for in a source as far as authority. We also had a pizza party for the 4th and 5th graders who had participated in summer reading.
On a positive note, my non-reader from Friday came back in. He headed straight for the YA shelves, and came to the desk with Catching Fire, the Hunger Games sequel. Apparently, Mr. Non-reader liked it, and was almost done and wanted the next book. Linda was pretty shocked, and I felt pretty good that I gave someone a reason to read.
Oct 21
More books to catalog, and prep for the CASLN meeting. Went to my first CASLN meeting, where we discussed the new wiki
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment